Friday, August 24, 2012

Casual Coral and Gray

Polyvore has this great casual combination, that I found on Pinterest.  I would never have thought to pair these colors together, and that is one of my favorite things about the women's fashion section.  I think the shoes are sooo cute, and they would have been a steal at $16 from Forever 21.  Alas, they have been sold out since I spotted this outfit.  Of course the jeans are $209, the scarf is $206, and the shirt is $100...and I won't even go into the mortgage payment that is the bag!
I think I can beat $431 for a fall outfit to run errands in : )

 
Here is my version.  Again, I would iron the shirt and scarf before actually donning them in public!


The scarf was $5 in my favorite scarf collection from Wisteria.com.  It's the Caribbean colors found here.  They were on sale $5 cheaper closer to Christmas, so I bought a couple of sets for gifts and scored free shipping.  Because that's how I roll : )

The shirt was a gift from my husband for Christmas.  It came from The Limited as a layering piece with a sweater.  He's not the bargain shopper I am, but he does try to buy what is at least on sale.  I'm going to guess $15.

The jeans were $5 at Goodwill.  I actually have two pair that I alternate between bought on the same day.  It was a real score, considering they had to be petite and pre-shrunk to fit
a 25 inch inseam in flats.

Speaking of flats (like that transition?), the shoes are a super comfortable find from 6 pm.com for $30.  They are a pewter color and go with so many items in my closet for casual or dressy looks.

That puts this outfit at $55.




Since the shoes are pewter with hematite accents, I picked out one of my favorite pair of lia sophia hematite earrings.  The Damask Earrings add a lot of va va voom to a casual look. 


I also added this large, sparkly Wishing Well Ring.  No photo can do it's beauty justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment