Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Many times, I have started blogs and stopped blogs.  Life is busy, life is crazy.  I don't know how often I'll post, but I do know that some of you out there (just a few, maybe) have entered the crazy spiral that is Pinterest. 

There are so many reasons to take a break out of real life and witness the perfection that other people have created.  Sometimes I just like to check out the humor section for a quick pick-me-up.  More often, I like toe check out the women's fashion for what I call a little "Pinsperation".  Someone else has probably trademarked that, and I don't mean to step on any toes, but I just don't have the motivation to research it right now.  All my internet time has been taken up by Facebook, Gmail, Twitter, Blogger, and Pinterest.

Here's the problem.  More often than not, when I see the perfect outfit combination on Pinterest, I click the link and it takes me to this beautiful site called Polyvore.  It is really handy because you can see what stores the items are available at and the price.  More often than not they are 1) no longer available because all the ladies have coveted and bought the pieces from seeing the pins 2) not in my budget.

My budget is tight...t-i-g-h-t.  When magazines come out with their "Every Piece is Under $100" issues, I think, "Well it darn well should be!"  I want to see the "Every Piece is Under $20 and Here's a Coupon for Free Shipping and an Extra 10% Off" issue, thank you very much.

I love looking at fashion, but ultimately don't consider myself that fashionable.  Especially as a mom of two toddler boys.  I buy things on the cheap.  Clothes that won't illicit tears if they are ruined after the first couple of outings.  However, Pinterest has definitely inspired me to step out of the box, learn to layer, combine fun colors, and play with my clothes.

That is where Pinsperation comes in.  I get an idea of key pieces that could round out my wardrobe and make it a bit more exciting.  I tuck them away and am patient.  Then I hunt for the bargains.

No comments:

Post a Comment