Friday, August 10, 2012

Yellow Skirt

I have olive skin, and yellow is not my friend.  Not on my top half anyway.  Unless looking jaundiced is a new trend?  Didn't think so.  I do love the sunny look of yellow though and didn't have any in my wardrobe.  I found this look on Polyvore through Pinterest...a common theme in my life.  Here is the link to the look on Polyvore.

We're just going to ignore the $550 jacket, $270 shoes, and $1,395 purse for my purposes.  Those are not what caught my eye anyway.  I liked the yellow skirt, and black and white shirt together.  This combo is a paltry $1,500 for the two pieces.
Here's my version.  I'm not sure what happened in my editing process, but this picture looks fuzzy.  Those are solid stripes.


As I put together outfits, you will notice that I have a few places that I really like to keep an eye on the inventory.  For this outfit, I pulled my $9 shirt from TJ Maxx.  I just knew that you can't go wrong with a nice black and white striped top.  It adds spunk to many an outfit!

The yellow skirt is from a Banana Republic Factory Store, bought on clearance for $22.  That felt steep (not for Banana Republic, but for my personal clothing budget), but I am only 4'10" and I had to factor in that it fit me perfectly without having to do any alterations/hemming. 
This is kind of a big deal for me.

The purse is a find years ago at TJ Maxx.  It was on clearance for $15, and was just too unique to let go.  I had no idea that day glow colors and color blocking would be coming back around.  What I liked were the clean lines, fun color (it's hot pink inside!) and that it seemed like it could hold up to a beating.

The shoes were from another bargain shopper's haven, Target.  These patent pumps were only $13 on clearance!  I have to be honest, they are not shoes I could stand in for hours or dance in at a wedding, but they work for church and any work where I can sit for periods behind a desk.

This entire outfit, shoes to purse, was $59.  Of course the pieces all go a long way with other outfits as well, and you are sure to see them again in another Pinsperation.

As I mentioned before, all of the jewelry is from lia sophia, as I've been a lia sophia Advisor for 5 years.  The bracelet and earrings I picked for this outfit are not in the current collection, but they are some of my favorite for graphic prints.  Some current pieces that would be fun with this combo are the Twist & Shout Earrings and Fierce Bracelet.




No comments:

Post a Comment