Friday, January 2, 2015

Leopard Print with Red Pants


I love leopard print. It is timeless and can make an outfit really pop when used conservatively. I am also really picky about my leopard print. I snatched this scarf as soon as I saw it on Groopdealz, one of my favorite sites for scarfs and inexpensive statement jewelry. I was so quick to grab it because 2 months before I casually showed a gorgeous leopard scarf to my husband just before Christmas and told him it was exactly what I had been looking for. He got me some really great gifts...but no scarf, and it was gone by the time I went back. Lesson learned, ladies ;) 

 The shirt was a find while browsing Target's 70% off section last spring. I wish I had bought a couple more, but I didn't realize how much I would wear it and how flattering the cut would be. The pants were a true risk and a great find...and they are STILL available. The Katherine Cut at Chadwick's of Boston is great for my curvy shape. These are the wide legged pants, which are on a super clearance right now and they also have boot cut and straight leg on sale, but not for $11! I don't usually buy pants online, unless it is from a store I can easily return them to (Target/Old Navy), but these are a gorgeous red and a phenomenal deal. I also bought the fuchsia and black color. It should be noted that the black is not what I would call a "true black", they are more of a really dark graphite, so that is my only caution. 

The shoes were definitely an impulse buy, but the price was right and I love the print. Unfortunately, I probably won't be wearing them out this Monday (the start of my new clothing schedule) because there is still a lot of snow on the ground. Depending on what I have going on, I may wear snow boots and bring them along...or I may just be in my office with snow boots all day. Even if I am not seeing any clients, I still like to dress the part! 

This outfit is shown as Week 1, Day 1 of my 3 Months of Clothes.

Shirt - $4 (Target Clearance)
Red Pants - $7 (Chadwick's of Boston exact plus 30% off coupon/free shipping)
Scarf - $8 (including shipping from Groopdealz.com)
Bandolino Leopard Shoes - $15 (TJ Maxx Clearance)


I was a lia sophia jewelry advisor for several years and I still have a ton of jewelry from that. Unfortunately, after 28 years of business, they recently closed their doors. I can no longer link to the exact pieces, but I wanted to show what I pair with this outfit when I wear it.



No comments:

Post a Comment