Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Red and Mint

Here's a prime example of how Pinterest made me re-think color.  I would never have thought to put red with mint, light teal (or is that turquoise?)...ever.  This look, found on Polyvore, is $472 without the jewelry and makeup shown.

My look is decidedly less casual, and more geared towards work.


We'll start from the top.  The red cardigan was found next to my dark teal cardigan find on the 70% off rack from Target (show with this outfit).  It was only $5!

The light gray tank top is another one of my favorite basics. 
Again, it was from Target on sale for $7. 

The mint/light teal scarf was part of my Wisteria collection, featured in this post.  Another $5 find!

The gray slacks were from Goodwill from $4.  In case you were wondering, most of the pieces I find at Goodwill (worth taking home) are those that don't fade, shrink, or look beat up too quickly.  Mostly that is slacks, worn in jeans (score because they are already shrunken!), blazers,
some sweaters, and blouses.

The shoes were a find at 6pm.com for $30.  They are the same as the gold shoes from my previous post.  Sooo comfortable, and part of the Anne Klein iFlex collection.  The nice thing about sites like 6pm.com (which I find has better clearance than Zappos in my opinion) is the free shipping and return.  I know it can be hard to wait, and that need for instant gratification is why many women can't shop online, but it is totally worth it!

The purse was also an online shopping deal from the clearance section on The Limited's site.  I have had it for years, and it was only $15!  The hematite finish matches the hematite finish on the shoes, so I brought some of the same metal into the jewelry.

Before we get into the bling, my version of the outfit was $66, from shoes to purse!

For this outfit, I'm combining hematite, silver, and a mint colored bracelet to tie it all together.




No comments:

Post a Comment